Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Photo Shoot!


On the 14th of July is my first Dr.'s appointment!!!!!!!
 I will find out that I am actually having a human baby and that it has a heartbeat, fingernails, and has started forming it's teeth! I will also find out my due date. I see all these women of FB posting their pictures of 32 weeks or 35 weeks and I can't help but get a little antsy because I have lots of weeks to get to those weeks. Maybe the doctor will surprise me and be like "WOW! You are already at 16 weeks!" ... or maybe he will tell me "You are only at 10 weeks". I'm hoping and praying for the former...

I'm so excited to see something in there (just to know all the nausea isn't for nothing, and to have no doubts that I am, in fact, carrying a child) and hear a heart beat! I think you can hear the heart beat at your first appointment. The doctor did say he would be doing an ultra sound I just can't wait. I don't know if Ryan is as excited about it as I am. Probably because nothing other than me complaining more has changed for him. 

Later that day we will be taking some family photos at Mueller Park in Bountiful. We had planned on taking them a month ago but it just turns out that I am pregnant so I wanted to do some "announcing" shots with the ultrasound pictures, so we pushed it back a bit. My friends Sam and Julia helped me pick out Ryan and mine's outfits for the photos. The outfits are a little out of what I would normally wear but why not right? I also got the tallest shoes in the world! I might just break an ankle.

The hard part that I am realizing with these pictures is that I will have to wait for her to edit them before I can tell people. For some weird reason I am wanting them that night. Brittney is taking our pictures and she is awesome! She is an old friend of Ryan and I's from our dating scene and college days. Probably the sweetest/ most awesome girl I have ever met and she takes really good photos too. 

We all got hair cuts this week to prepare for the photo shoot. I love Ryan's. I love mine. Dax's haircut.... not so much. She cut it really short so he looks more like a reindeer had a baby with a Chihuahua... not that there is anything wrong with that. I just don't want him in our pictures looking that way.

After our pictures are done, I am planning on making some puzzles to tell Ryan's brother and sister. Hopefully they won't see it coming. I am going to have Ryan's mom be in on the sneaky-ness. You can read how I announced the pregnancy to husband, parents, and siblings here. I am hoping to take some photos to have the special moments and of course I will share them on here.











 

OH! I almost forgot! I wanted to tell everyone about how I have passed on my amazing gift to my friend Sam. "What is this gift you speak of, Leisa?" many of you are thinking. Well, let me tell you!
When there is a pregnancy in the family. I sometimes  multiple times have had a dream that tells me people are pregnant! It's crazy awesome. They always lie to me of course, because they are not telling people yet, but deep down I know. And they know I know.

As we were heading to Charming Charlie's in Farmington yesterday my friend Sam turned to me and told me a dream she had the night before. "Leisa, you were pregnant! I was confused in my dream because you told me you wanted to wait. So I said 'I thought you wanted to wait' and then you got mad at me and yelled 'WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE HAPPY FOR ME?!'"

The funny thing about this is that I had to totally play it off like others have done to me. But deep down I think she knows. I just laughed and laughed and said yeah that is funny. I have told many people many things while I have been pregnant such as:
"I think we are going to wait to have kids, you know, just be married for a while"
"Why have my own kids if I can just play with yours and give them back when they get fussy?"
"No, I'm not pregnant!"
"How did you know Tyler?! I am pregnant! Just kidding, Mom, don't look at me like that! I'm not pregnant" (my mom was in the room)
"We aren't trying, but now is a more likely time than 2 years ago"

And the list goes on.
If you are one of these people, I'm sorry I lied to you... Unless your name is Jennifer Cowles, then paybacks suck! ;) Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment