Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Telling Ryan

After finding out I was pregnant on Monday, June 9th. I started to think about ways to tell Ryan. 
 I decided to do my own thing and try not to spend too much money while I was at it.
[which was only $10]

Fathers day is Sunday June 15th this year. At first I thought, I'll wait and give him an awesome "Father's Day gift". That didn't turn out so good.
I COULDN'T WAIT THAT LONG TO TELL HIM!!!!
 I didn't even wait 12 hours to tell him.

Dax, our puppy, woke me up the morning after finding out around 6AM, not like I slept much that night anyway. So I got up, took him on a walk, and headed to the local Wally- World.
I found a book of baby names.
It was the only "learn to have a baby" book left, and it would do just fine. It was $10.

As many of you know, I worked at TCP [The Children's Place] for about 3 years before graduating dental hygiene and landing my dream job. Needless to say, I knew when all the good deals were on, and people would return items that would resell at $.99! which I got 25% off of.
I have a few bags full of girl and boy clothes that I had to choose from. Searching through all of it at 7AM, I was trying to find something that was small and unisex. I found a frog onesie and a cute yellow blanket with a monkey on it.

I added in the 2 positive pregnancy tests.
[with instructions on how to read, just in case]
And placed it next to his computer, where his wallet, and key's were.



 
I needed a note to say something. I wrote an inside joke "That was easier than I thought" due to the fact that we just started "trying" about a month ago. Followed by the usual "I love you's" and "Can't Wait's". It turned out to be the perfect way for him to find out.


 

Then I waited. And waited. And waited.
Ryan would not wake up if our house was on fire!

Ted, Ryan's dad, had asked Ry to go golfing with him that morning. It was a phone call from him to get Ryan up. I tried to give as many subtle hints as possible to make him go into the computer room (soon  to be baby room) but he dismissed every single one! He was in a hurry to get going to meet his dad.

After breakfast and getting dressed, it was time for him to find his wallet and his keys.

Ryan came running down the stairs! "Are you serious?!" "No Way!" "Really?" He was in shock. "Sorry I can't stay and celebrate, I'm already late" "I can't wait to look at those names".

We kissed, hugged, and I cried.
Although short, it was such a happy moment.

To my baby: I can' not wait to meet you! I can't wait to see what your interests are, or what you look like. Dad is rooting for red hair. You'll understand why when you meet him. You are so loved already! (even though you make me want to throw up about 90% of the day) I know you are worth it already. I still have about 4 weeks before we see the doctor and possibly see you for the first time. I have to stop myself from thinking about it because it makes me anxious. Know you are loved and always will be!
~Love Mom


* Secretly, I wouldn't mind if there were 2 in there, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up because I would be perfectly happy with one healthy child.

No comments:

Post a Comment