Sunday, March 16, 2014

Healthy Recipe: Banana Bread

Being on this 'lifestyle change', I feel sooooo much better!
 I have had to look for different recipe's without dairy, wheat, or sugar. There are about a million recipe's!!!! Pinterest is 'Unleash Your Thin' Recipe Heaven as far as I'm concerned. 

I have tried a bunch of different recipe's and most are super easy!
Something I didn't know about until recently is Almond Flour.
I try to only cook with it every once in a while, so the price isn't too bad.


A few weeks ago, I tried making this same banana bread but something went wrong. Terribly wrong.
While grabbing my almond flour I accidentally grabbed the coconut flour.
[Important note: DO NOT USE COCONUT FLOUR!]
I had to use the rest of one bag and start another so it ended up being half almond flour and half coconut flour. Ryan was really sweet and helped me eat it even though every bite was a little more dry than anyone would like to eat. But we were determined to eat it because the fact that almond flour is quite more expensive than all purpose flour.

I was determined to try this recipe again with only almond flour this time.
[because Pinterest said it was really good and we all know how Pinterest NEVER lies]

And.....



Mark up another win for the Pinster!
They were moist and nothing short of delicious!!!
Find original recipe here!

I changed the recipe a little and here it is:

Ingredients and Directions:

  • 1/4 C Cache Valley Honey (from Cox Honeyland, it is suppose to help with allergies since it was made right here in Cache Valley. Because Ry gets some bad allergies, we are trying it)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 1 C. Unsweetened Dark chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 325°F
  2. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
  3. Add dry ingredients and mix.
  4. Add dark choc. chips and mix with spatula. [Mine sunk to the bottom. Oh well! Still delicious]
  5. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf, about 25 minutes for muffins.
 * I made them in muffin tins to separate the batter into portions. It didn't stop me from eating more than I should, but it seemed like a sound plan when I was making them. After they were done, I let them cool and put them in a plastic bag. I ate them all in about 3 days but I did share 1 with Ryan.
[Yes they are that delicious]
You can freeze them or put them in the fridge to make them last longer if you wish.

Try this recipe out and let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment