Saturday, October 22, 2011

ALSOP

That is now my last name... weird right?!
It still sounds weird to me. :) although I do love it!

Anyway, I made some letters to decorate my house with.
I got them at Michaels, with a 50% off coupon
(yep! Just kept going back and my husband and I used it
like 7 times each during the week, because their coupon policy
is that you can only use one coupon/ day / customer.)

Altoghether this project maybe cost me around $15 and took me about 3 hours give or take.
(just some time here and there, not all at once)
I used left over materials from my wedding, including some ribbon from presents, and paper from the signature book... not to forget the .47 that I spent on some black ribbon from Wally World.

Here is an easy 4 step look at what I did. :)

1. Cut out letters from scrapbook paper to match the shape of the letters.
2. Paint the letters the color you want them to be.
(I chose black because everying in my house is black.)
3. Modge Podge the paper to the letters.
(I painted it on both under the paper and on top to give it a glossy look)

4.  Add your ribbon, buttons, stickers, or wire
(I thought pictures would be cool too)
*If you have an i in your name, and you are using lowercase, you can use twisted wire to hold up the dot.



So here is my project that I have wanted to finish for a while and just got around to it. :)
Leave a comment, and let me know what you think and some of your different ideas for cute decorations.

3 comments:

  1. That is fricken cute! I love that the P looks like it's wearing an adorable garter. Is that weird that I said that? ...Anyway those are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leisa! These are so stinking cute! I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I love them!! Call Me Chica!!

    ReplyDelete